From: Tom Smith <tom71713-gentoo52478932@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] BIND DNS?
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 21:49:33
1 Hm... Odd. I was searching the Portage database via gentoo.org and didn't see it. Your emerge string did the trick, though.
2
3 I must of just had a brain fart or something.
4
5 Thanks for your help. (Same for the other two responders.)
6
7 Billy Holmes <billy@××××××.net> wrote: Tom Smith wrote:
8 > Does Gentoo have a BIND package and, if so, what's it name?
9
10 $ emerge -s ^bind$
11 Searching...
12 [ Results for search key : ^bind$ ]
13 [ Applications found : 1 ]
14
15 * net-dns/bind
16 Latest version available: 9.2.5-r6
17 Latest version installed: [ Not Installed ]
18 Size of downloaded files: 4,531 kB
19 Homepage: http://www.isc.org/products/BIND/bind9.html
21 License: as-is
22
23 $ sudo emerge -pvt bind
24
25 These are the packages that I would merge, in reverse order:
26
27 Calculating dependencies ...done!
28 [ebuild N ] net-dns/bind-9.2.5-r6 +berkdb -bind-mysql -dlz -doc
29 +idn -ipv6 -ldap +mysql -odbc -postgres (-selinux) +ssl -threads 4,398 kB
30
31 Total size of downloads: 4,398 kB
32 --
33 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list