From: "»Q«" <boxcars@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Eez a byootiful dai todai
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 22:31:29
1 In <news:20070329213233.7b41fba5@×××××××××××××××××.uk>,
2 Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
3
4 > On Thu, 29 Mar 2007 14:58:20 -0500, »Q« wrote:
5 >
6 > > > So, preinstalled Linux is not important to you? Mind explaining
7 > > > why?
8 > >
9 > > I'm not the one you asked, but preinstalled Linux isn't important to
10 > > me. There are plenty of GNU/Linux users who aren't evangelists.
11 >
12 > There are two reasons why it would be good for you, even if you
13 > intend to replace the installed Linux with something better:
14 >
15 > 1) You know that all the hardware works with Linux. If they supply
16 > driver for Ubuntu, you can get them for Gentoo (unless Dell do
17 > something horrid like using ndiswrapper)
18
19 Already I know that the hardware I buy will work with Gentoo. If I got
20 a Dell with preinstalled GNU/Linux, I could know that without engaging
21 $searchengine, but avoiding searches isn't important to me.
22
23 > 2) You don't have to pay for a Windows licence.
24
25 Already I don't have to pay for a Windows license.
28 »Q«
31 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list