From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] What to put in chroot mtab
Date: Fri, 01 Aug 2014 20:41:20
1 On 1 August 2014 21:32:54 CEST, Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 >On Fri, 01 Aug 2014 14:07:08 +0100, Peter Humphrey wrote:
3 >
4 >> I run a couple of chroots on this box to build packages for other
5 >boxes
6 >> on the LAN. So far, I haven't worked out what I should
7 >> populate /etc/mtab with in each chroot. Is it enough to "grep
8 >> ext4 /etc/mtab > /mnt/chroot/etc/mtab"? That catches all the physical
9 >> partitions, but I imagine I need to add some /proc, /sys and /dev
10 >> entries as well, but is there a simple formula for doing this?
11 >
12 >Do you need anything in mtab in the chroot? I've been using chroots to
13 >build packages for slower machines for years and /etc/mtab has always
14 >been empty or non-existent, with no problems. df gets the hump when run
15 >inside the chroot, but the package building works fine.
16
17 You don't need anything in mtab. I've been building packages for multiple machines for years. Never had any issues using them to update the rest.
18
19 Only have issues with fetch restricted files blocking the use of a fully automated system.
22 Joost
23 --
24 Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.