From: Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] using KDE
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2016 07:30:29
1 160927 Philip Webb wrote:
2 > I've been trying out KDE 5 for the past week & generally it's usable.
3
4 One nasty little problem erupted when I accidently stuck a note
5 to the background on all desktops : eventually, I discovered
6 ~/.config/plasma-org.kde.plasma.desktop-appletsrc ,
7 which stores the state of things at logout ;
8 deleting a few lines in that file removed the offensive blot.
9
10 A couple of further irritations : (1) how do you do Vertical Maximise ?
11 -- with Fluxbox I have it set to Alt-F3 , but I can't find it in KDE.
12
13 (2) I like to have a few of Simon Tatham's puzzles running on a desktop.
14 At login, they are restored, but only with default parameters.
15 I can add the parameters I want in the KDE Menu
16 & have tried starting them from a 1-line script in /usr/games/bin/ ,
17 but KDE ignores everything except the basic binary.
18 Can anyone think of a way round this difficulty ?
22 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb
23 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Cities Centre, University of Toronto
24 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' purslowatchassdotutorontodotca