From: Ian Porter <ian@×××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] printing - via windows PC
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2005 21:40:17
1 Hi all,
2
3 I am trying to print on my linux pc via a windows xp pro pc (the printer is a
4 HP 1110 PSC), but I have followed the advice on
5 http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_print_winserver
6 but keep on either getting
7 NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED message via the smb url or ERRDOS via the lpd method.
8 I have tried to have the smb://guest@workgroup/pcname/printer and also my
9 smb://userid:password@workgroup/pcname/printer
10 (with also the lpd version) but that does not work either, I just get either
11 access denied or just sticks at 21% printer (on the test printer part of
12 cups) and then it says that the pc is not available,
13
14 /var/log/cups/error_log
15 [Job 1] Unable to connect to SAMBA host, will retry in 60 seconds...ERROR:
16 Connection failed with error NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED
17 [Job 1] ERRDOS - ERRbadaccess (Invalid open mode.) opening remote spool Te
18 st Page
19
20 /etc/cups/printers.conf
21 DeviceURI smb://NAME/HP1110
22
23 I have turned off any firewall that was on the windows pc (just incase) but
24 still no joy.
25
26 Any advice ?
27
28 I used to have the Linux machine as the print server, but found that my wife
29 was using the printer far more than me thus made more sense to have the
30 printer on her pc, if I log onto windows on my pc the printer works fine so
31 it is shared *ok* as such.
32
33 Thanks
34 Ian