From: "Christian Rößner" <c@××××××××××××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Keep alive within SSH session
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2016 09:03:08
1 > Am 17.07.2016 um 16:02 schrieb Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>:
2 >
3 > I am not sure of the correct approach to achieve a prolonged remote debugging
4 > session through SSH and avoid the SSH session timing out.
5 >
6 > This is what I try to achieve:
7 >
8 > I login into a router with SSH from my PC. Then I can run certain commands to
9 > start and monitor a debugging session in the router. However, if I leave
10 > alone the SSH session, it will soon time out. The debugging only runs while
11 > the session is live. Exiting the SSH session causes all debug output to be
12 > lost.
13 >
14 > If I continue to run (router) commands on the terminal, while the debugging is
15 > running, the SSH time out is postponed.
16 >
17 > What do you suggest I try on an SSH terminal from my PC to keep running
18 > recurring commands after I have connected to the router? I will need to keep
19 > a debugging session going for some hours, in order to collect the data I'm
20 > after.
21
22 I do this with a combination of "mosh" and "tmux". That works perfectly.
23
24 It even can catch disconnected DSL or Wifi.
25
26 Christian
27 --
28 Erlenwiese 14, 36304 Alsfeld
29 T: +49 6631 78823400, F: +49 6631 78823409, M: +49 171 9905345
30 USt-IdNr.: DE225643613, https://www.roessner-network-solutions.com