From: "Claudio Roberto França Pereira" <spideybr@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: grub vs grub 2
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2012 16:30:03
1 mike, I'd DEFINITELY LOVE to read grub's history, even if it's a short
2 summary or something.
3
4 TOTALLY OFF-TOPIC, but anyone could recommend me a open
5 source/linux/unix/free software history book? Something that mentioned
6 the FSF foundation, the GPL creation, the XFree86 -> X.org evolution,
7 linux [..]. -> 2.4 -> 2.6 evolution, sound stack evolution (OSS, ALSA,
8 JACK, PA, ESD, Arts, Phonon), multimedia history (ffmpeg, mplayer,
9 mplayer2, gstreamer, xine, vlc). It could go all the way back to
10 shell's, like sh, csh, BASH, zsh.