From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] dev-lang/vala-0.44.7 is being emerged/unmerged at random
Date: Sat, 07 Sep 2019 16:57:44
Every time I do a world update, dev-lang/vala-0.44.7 is being emerged
(parallel to 0.42.7 which is already emerged as a dep of something.)
When I then do an 'emerge --depclean', portage wants to unmerge it
again. On the next world update, it comes back. Then depclean wants to
unmerge it again. But only sometimes...

If I run 'emerge -p --depclean' a bunch of times in succession,
sometimes portage wants to unmerge vala-0.44.7, sometimes it doesn't.
Anyone else getting this weirdness? This has been going on for a while
now. I'm on portage-2.3.75-r1 currently.