From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <lists@×××××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] booting fails, something with openrc?
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2011 13:02:28
1 I somehow screwed up my new and shiny box.
2
3 Everything ran fine until yesterday I depcleaned a bit too much, as it
4 seems.
5
6 The symptom:
7
8 booting sits there and openrc has many services waiting for other
9 services ... the first one seems to be mdraid ... but I am not sure.
10
11 I already chrooted into the installation and did "emerge -e system" and
12 "revdep-rebuild" and stuff. "emerge -avuDN world" doesn't work for me,
13 as I don't want to pull in gnome-3.x right now ...
14
15 As far as I know everything (system) is now built with gcc-4.5.3 ... so
16 that shouldn't be the problem.
17
18 The raid-arrays (md0 for root) assemble correctly from live-cd, so what
19 could be the problem? What should I explore now?
20
21 *sigh*
22
23 lvm2? Should be part of @system? Will look for that now ...