From: Gregory SACRE <gregory.sacre@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o, meino.cramer@×××.de
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ZSH: Gentoo-completion...how to modifiy?
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 12:06:57
1 Hi,
4 You have 2 choices here.
5
6 1. You can change the default terminal colours in you .Xdefaults.
7
8 As an example, for rxvt-unicode (a.k.a. urxvt), you can put this in
9 you .Xdefaults:
10
11 ! tangoesque scheme
12 urxvt*background: #111111
13 urxvt*foreground: #babdb6
14 ! Black (not tango) + DarkGrey
15 urxvt*color0: #000000
16 urxvt*color8: #555753
17 ! DarkRed + Red
18 urxvt*color1: #ff6565
19 urxvt*color9: #ff8d8d
20 ! DarkGreen + Green
21 urxvt*color2: #93d44f
22 urxvt*color10: #c8e7a8
23 ! DarkYellow + Yellow
24 urxvt*color3: #eab93d
25 urxvt*color11: #ffc123
26 ! DarkBlue + Blue
27 urxvt*color4: #204a87
28 urxvt*color12: #3465a4
29 ! DarkMangenta + Mangenta
30 urxvt*color5: #ce5c00
31 urxvt*color13: #f57900
32 !DarkCyan + Cyan (both not tango)
33 urxvt*color6: #89b6e2
34 urxvt*color14: #46a4ff
35 ! LightGrey + White
36 urxvt*color7: #cccccc
37 urxvt*color15: #ffffff
38
39 (This was taken from
40 http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Xdefaults#Terminal_colors, but you
41 can find example all around).
42
43 I suggest you also to check what colour it outputs by using simple
44 tools like gcolor2 and if you don't like how they go, just change them
45 or check another "theme" somewhere. I would advise you to keep the
46 "type" of colours as such: meaning if you want to change the dark
47 yellow and the bright yellow, keep them in the yellow range. Maybe
48 make them a less coloured yellow or more orange-ish, but don't make
49 them green.
50 Programs rely on these 16 colours for their output, at least the
51 numbers, and you could end up with something unreadable (as you
52 suggest in your mail).
55 2. change your PS1 variable (maybe the easiest)
56
57 Do "echo $PS1" in a terminal, and see where the faulty colour is.
58 Then, change it in your .zshrc file.
59 You can also check this page
60 (http://stevelosh.com/blog/2010/02/my-extravagant-zsh-prompt/) or this
61 one (http://aperiodic.net/phil/prompt/) to get an idea of what you