From: "b.n." <brullonulla@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ALSA_CARDS Variable in-kernel drivers?
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 19:27:40
1 Jakob Buchgraber ha scritto:
2 > Hi!
3 >
4 > I just read about the required ALSA_CARDS variable when using in-kernel
5 > drivers in the Gentoo Newsletter. Since I am using in-kernel ALSA
6 > drivers I would like to know what changed and why this is required? Is
7 > this explained somewhere? I am using vanilla-sources (not
8 > gentoo-sources). So do I need to set ALSA_CARDS when using
9 > vanilla-sources too?
10
11 The GWN seems clear:
12 "for users using the in-kernel drivers, they
13 should now properly set that variable"
14
15 I think that the other alsa packages must be aware of it. Anyway I think
16 setting it shouldn't harm.
17
18 m.
21 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list