From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] alternate mta's
Date: Sat, 04 May 2013 19:27:57
1 On 04/05/2013 18:52, Tanstaafl wrote:
2 > Ok, I have msmpt installed and working just fine.
3 >
4 > Now, all of a sudden, emerge -pvuDN world wants to install mailx.
5 >
6 > equery depends mailx says rkhunter is pulling it in via virtual/mailx
7 >
8 > Why isn't this dependency satisfied by the presence of msmtp?
9 >
10 > And more importantly, how can I fix it without installing mailx?
11 >
12 > Thanks,
13 >
14 > Charles
18 Simplest answer:
19
20 It was never done because nobody did it.
21
22 Whoever maintains virtual/mailx does so believing they have a decent set
23 of implementations available for you to use. There was never any
24 guarantee there that all possible satisfiers for virtual/mailx would be
25 listed.
26
27 File a feature request at b.g.o. if you feel msmtp satsifies virtual/mailx.
31 Alan McKinnon