From: "András Csányi" <sayusi.ando@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Setting Java VM for just one program
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2012 20:33:11
1 On 23 February 2012 21:13, Willie WY Wong <wongwwy@××××××××××.org> wrote:
2 > Hi list,
3 >
4 > Is there a way to set the Java VM based on program?
5 >
6 > For the most part I would like to keep icedtea-bin-7 as my system VM,
7 > but there is one program (jabref-2.6) which doesn't run well with
8 > java-7, but works fine with icedtea-bin-6.
9 >
10 > Is there a "Gentoo" way of setting this?
11
12 I don't think there would be a way to achieve this. I think, there is
13 a way to set the java vm for your application when you start it. You
14 can create an alias to handle easier the program starting, for
15 example.
18 - -
19 --  Csanyi Andras (Sayusi Ando)  -- http://sayusi.hu --
20 http://facebook.com/andras.csanyi
21 --  ""Trust in God and keep your gunpowder dry!" - Cromwell