From: Claudinei Matos <claudineimatos@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] bt878 + gentoo-sources-2.6.12-r6 = sound doesn't work (amd64)
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2005 16:45:28
1 hi,
2
3 since my motherboard suddenly die I decide to buy a amd64 processor.
4 well, everything is fine, even gnome, mplayer, firefox, etc..
5 I did installed kdetv for use with my bt878 board and actually video
6 is ok, but I can't get sound to work.
7 In the oldest athlon-xp with kernel gentoo-sources-2.6.7-r9 I had tv
8 working fine with sound using this modules settings:
9 #######
10 alias char-major-89 i2c-dev
11 options i2c-core i2c_debug=1
12 options i2c-algo-bit bit_test=1
13
14 alias char-major-81 videodev
15 alias char-major-81-0 bttv
16 options bttv card=70 pll=1 radio=1
17 options tuner=2 type=5 debug=1
18
19 options snd-trident snd_index=0
20 options msp3400 mixer=1
21 #######
22
23 but now with gento-sources-2.6.12-r6 I can't use the same settings
24 cause snd_trident and msp3400 refuse to load accusing a "Unknown
25 parameter" and specifying "snd_index=0" and respectively "mixer=1" as
26 the not supported parameter.
27 If I try to remove the options I can load these modules but sound doesn't work.
28
29 do somebody how to make it work again? how can I know wich parameters
30 these modules supports?
31
32 tks in advice,
33