From: David Corbin <gentoo.org@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] USE flag
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 08:56:26
1 On Thursday 29 June 2006 12:04 am, Jeremy Olexa wrote:
2 > Nick Rout wrote:
3 > > On Wed, 28 Jun 2006 11:30:26 +0530
4 > >
5 > > Aniruddha Shankar wrote:
7 > >> Hash: SHA1
8 > >>
9 > >> Willie Wong wrote:
10 > >>> Personally speaking, I suggest you emerge 'ufed'.
11 > >>
12 > >> I moved from ufed to profuse, it's slightly better with multiple display
13 > >> interfaces (dialog/ncurses/gtk)
14 > >>
15 > >> cheers,
16 > >
17 > > funnily enough I dislike the gtk interface and usually start it with
18 > >
19 > > DISPLAY= profuse
20 > >
21 > > to fool it into thinking X is not available, so it runs in my konsole
22 >
23 > Speaking of USE flags this is a PERFECT example of when to
24 > enable/disable a USE flag. If I was Nick and PREFERRED to start profuse
25 > without gtk support (aka ncurses) then I would re-emerge profuse WITHOUT
26 > the gtk USE flag. Thanks for giving some people an example of when to
27 > enable/disable USE flags, Nick.
30 and what is the correct way to disable the -gtk flag for all future emerges of
31 a particular ebuild?
32
33 Thanks.
34 David