From: thelma@×××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] network transfer speed
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2021 19:13:42
1 On 1/18/21 4:41 AM, bobwxc wrote:
2 > 在 2021/1/18 下午6:19, J. Roeleveld 写道:
3 >> On Monday, January 18, 2021 10:58:24 AM CET Raffaele BELARDI wrote:
4 >>>> -----Original Message-----
5 >>>> From: J. Roeleveld <joost@××××××××.org>
6 >>>> Sent: Monday, January 18, 2021 09:47
7 >>>> To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
8 >>>> Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] network transfer speed
9 >>>>
10 >>>> Some cheaper switches fail-over to hub-mode when the traffic exceeds
11 >>>> what it can manage.
12 >>> Interesting, do you have pointers to such switches' specs? Or is it from
13 >>> experience?
14 > That's true.
15 > Some cheap switches may become like a network cable when it fails or exceeds network flow. And there is also no log to check, will cause some strange problems.
16 >
17 > Actually , some business machines also have such a policy that they become straight through or completely blocked in case of failure. But they have a fail log for review.
18 >> This is from experience, also 1 of the reasons why I switched to managed
19 >> switches.
20 >>
21 >> --
22 >> Joost
23
24 What switch would you folks recommend?
25 I'm planning getting to the bottom of it including replacing switch and cable if I have to.