From: Alex Luehm <alex@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Multiboot USB - GRUB2 loop device
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2018 02:14:24
1 Hello all
2
3 I've recently taken it upon myself to create a multiboot USB with isos
4 that I tend to frequently use. So far I've been successful in adding
5 Clonezilla and the Archlinux live ISOs. I've attempted to add the Gentoo
6 install ISO in a similar manner (helped with the grub config within the
7 iso itself but can't seem to get GRUB to recogonize the image. My
8 DuckDuckGo-foo has returned useless results (a near hit, yet useless
9 inquiry being found here:
10 https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-p-6527390.html).
11
12 My current GRUB menu entry is as follows:
13
14 menuentry '[loopback]gentoo amd64' {
15 set isofile='/isos/gentoo.iso'
16 echo "isofile set"
17 loopback loop $isofile
18 echo "loopback set"
19 linux (loop)/isolinux/gentoo64 root=/dev/ram0 init=/linuxrc
20 dokeymap looptype=squashfs loop=/image.squashfs cdroot cdboot
21 initrd=gentoo64.xz
22 initrd (loop)/isolinux/gentoo64.xz
23 }
24
25 When booting, I receive the following message:
26
27 isofile set
28 loopback set
29 error: attempt to read or write outside of disk 'loop'
30 error: you need to load the kernel first
31
32 Thanks in advance!
35 Best,
36