From: gevisz <gevisz@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] No sound. Please, help!
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2020 12:49:35
1 вс, 18 окт. 2020 г. в 02:28, Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>:
2 >
3 > On Sat, Oct 17, 2020 at 10:53:43PM +0300, gevisz wrote
4 >
5 > > Thank you for your reply. I have actually used this approach in one of
6 > > my first attempts.
7 > > Below is the output of lsmod on the install usb with all modules that
8 > > I think is irrelevant to sound removed.
9 >
10 > There is no mention of SND_PCI. When doing "make menuconfig", you
11 > ***MUST*** first enable...
12 >
13 > Device Drivers > Sound card support > Advanced Linux Sound Architecture > PCI sound devices
14 >
15 > Don't select any of the drivers under that option; just enable the
16 > barebones option. If you don't enable it, then nothing shows up under
17 > "HD Audio" where all the codecs you mention are listed. If you're doing
18 > it manually, set...
19 >
20 > CONFIG_SND_PCI=y
21 >
22 > Either way, rebuild the kernel and try again. Hopefully, that solves
23 > the problem.
24 >
25 > Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
26
27 Thank you for your advice. The SND_PCI option is switched on in my
28 current generic kernel (gentoo-kernel-5.4.64) as well in the last
29 tried configuration of gentoo-sources-4.19.86. Moreover, almost every
30 possible option inside the section to which it points is compiled as a
31 module. I do not know why snd_pci does not show itself after entering
32 the lsmod command. Probably, because it is not a module but a section
33 of the kernel config.