From: Gleb Klochkov <glebiuskv@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Kworker use >80% of CPU
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2014 07:40:22
1 Tom, thank you for your answer.
2
3 $ dmesg >> http://bpaste.net/show/187533/
4 $ cat /proc/interrupts >> http://bpaste.net/show/187537/
8 --------------------
9 С уважением, Клочков Глеб
12 2014-03-07 22:49 GMT+04:00 Tom Wijsman <TomWij@g.o>:
13
14 > On Tue, 21 Jan 2014 13:02:32 +0400
15 > Gleb Klochkov <glebiuskv@×××××.com> wrote:
16 >
17 > > Hi. After computer starts, in top, I have kworker used 80% of cpu.
18 > > It is a problem with ACPI IRQs, because it come to normal after i run
19 > >
20 > > echo "disable" > /sys/firmware/acpi/interrupts/gpe08
21 >
22 > That is called a GPE storm; you should be able to find a message about
23 > it in `dmesg`, usually those resolve automatically so I wonder why that
24 > is not the case here. Can you look for messages about GPE / interrupt
25 > in the `dmesg` output?
26 >
27 > You might also able to use one or another kernel parameter from
28 >
29 > https://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation/kernel-parameters.txt
30 >
31 > in an attempt to fix up the ACPI IRQs, try those that mention ACPI, IRQ
32 > and/or interrupt(s) in their name or description. Though; as this is a
33 > trial and error approach, a specific message and a better idea of what
34 > GPE 8 is might yield a better solution when searching this online.
35 >
36 > As a second question, to figure out what '8' is; take a look at
37 > `cat /proc/interrupts` where the last one or two columns of that line
38 > give it a name. Feel free to share both `dmesg` and that output with us.
39 >
40 > --
41 > With kind regards,
42 >
43 > Tom Wijsman (TomWij)
44 > Gentoo Developer
45 >
46 > E-mail address : TomWij@g.o
47 > GPG Public Key : 6D34E57D
48 > GPG Fingerprint : C165 AF18 AB4C 400B C3D2 ABF0 95B2 1FCD 6D34 E57D