From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: setcap fails: (Operation not supported)
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2021 17:36:09
1 On 2021-09-30, Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > I'm trying to add NET_ADMIN capability to an executable that needs to
4 > create a tun inteface. AFACIT, this is the command to do that:
5 >
6 > $ sudo setcap cap_net_admin+ep example_app
7 > Failed to set capabilities on file `example_app' (Operation not supported)
8 >
9 > The only possible cause for that message Google has been able fo find
10 > is that the FS doesn't have xattr support.
11
12 Is Posix ACL support required for setcap?
13
14 I can't find any documentation of such a requirement, but it's the
15 only other thing I can think of...
18 Grant