From: "Jesús Guerrero" <i92guboj@×××××.es>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ATI-Driver 9.6 support?
Date: Sun, 05 Jul 2009 17:08:07
1 On Sat, July 4, 2009 22:54, Willie Wong wrote:
2 > On Sat, Jul 04, 2009 at 04:22:59AM +0200, Penguin Lover Jes?s Guerrero
3 > squawked:
6 >> On Sat, July 4, 2009 03:58, Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
7 >>
8 >>> On Samstag 04 Juli 2009, Jes?s Guerrero wrote:
9 >>>
10 >>>
11 >>>
12 >>> I don't filter anything. Just default metalog with default settings.
13 >>>
14 >>
15 >> I use sysklogd, that shouldn't matter much though.
18 > It may matter quite a bit,
19
20 It depends on the criteria for "matter".
21
22 It doesn't matter to me whichever logger you use because it's the kernel
23 who sends the messages and all that stuff. Obviously, the log spam that
24 you get is not as aggressive as mine. However that's the lesser problem
25 compared to the cpu waste. I think that it's just faulty hardware, my
26 ati card must be really the worse ati in the world or something.
30 > This computer has been running gentoo for close to 7 years now and I've
31 > never once need to clearn out log files processed by metalog (I do have to
32 > clean out elogs and apache logs [when I had a web server running] every
33 > once in a while).
34
35 I've never cleaned the logs in this install, which is like 4 years old by
36 now. And they are like 40 mbs or so, compressed of course. However,
37 fglrx+.30 managed to fill the partition in a few hours. That's why I
38 reverted to .28.
41 Jesús Guerrero