From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: SOLVED Video plays past end of time it shows
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2021 20:36:53
1 Grant Edwards wrote:
2 > On 2021-08-25, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >> Grant Edwards wrote:
4 >>> On 2021-08-25, Andrew Udvare <audvare@×××××.com> wrote:
5 >>>
6 >>>> You can try to re-encode or maybe remux with ffmpeg.
7 >>> That's what I'd do. Try remuxing first (it can be done losslessly).
8 >>> To remux losslessly, use the "copy" codecs for both audio and video.
9 >> I looked at the man page.
10 > Yea, that's abit overwhelming. Usually it's easier to google ffmeg
11 > and the task you want to do (e.g. google "ffmpeg remux avi to
12 > mp4"). The first hit explains it nicely:
13 >
14 > https://ottverse.com/ffmpeg-convert-avi-to-mp4-lossless/
15 >
16 > FWIW, the command is
17 >
18 > ffmpeg -i input.avi -c:v copy -c:a copy output.mp4
19 >
20 > --
21 > Grant
24 So the method does exist.  ROFL  I wasn't worried about converting it at
25 first but since doing so might fix it, I gave it a shot.
26
27 Thanks.
28
29 Dale