From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo package database
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2012 19:00:39
1 On Thursday 26 Jul 2012 09:15:42 ivan ivanov wrote:
2 > > DO NOT HIJACK THREADS.
3 > >
4 > > You replied to an existing thread, changed the subject line, deleted
5 > > the content and type your question. This is a big nono and is
6 > > considered exceptionally rude (it makes everyone else's mail client do
7 > > strange things with displaying threads).
8 >
9 > Sorry, i did not know this. I never encountered such behavior on other
10 > mailing lists.
11
12 No probs. Most of us use plain text, threaded display in our mail/news
13 clients and hijacking a thread breaks the thread up. Not nice when one tries
14 to search through past threads for answers and comes across unrelated content.
15
16 At least you don't use HTML and you don't Top Post. So you got 2 out of 3
17 deadly sins right. ;-)
18 --
19 Regards,
20 Mick