From: "Hervé" <herve-news-mi@×××××××.fr>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] Gnome admin browsers, and more!
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 20:36:20
1 Hi,
2 1\ have you install sys-libs/pam.
3 2\ have you the flag "pam" inside the USE variable.
4
5 Regards,
6 Hervé
9 Le mardi 12 septembre 2006 à 11:05 -0400, A. R. a écrit :
10 > Hi,
13 > I have finished a new Gentoo installation with Gnome as the desktop
14 > environment. It is working okay, except for a couple of issues:
15 >
16 > 1. The admin browsers (Services, Shares etc) do not work properly.
17 > When I try to open "services-admin" for example, as a normal user, the
18 > window comes up, all "greyed out" and nothing else happens! I am not a
19 > very experienced Gnome user, but I was expecting to be prompted for
20 > the root password. Something must be wrong with my configuration since
21 > running services-admin as root works!
22 >
23 > 2. The icon browser that pops up when attempting to put an icon on a
24 > custom app launcher does not browse anything other than
25 > /us/share/pixmaps. If I change to a different directory, I cannot
26 > select any of the icons in that directory!
27 >
28 > Has anybody experienced the same problems? I know that they are not
29 > very critical to the whole operation of the environment, but man, are
30 > they annoying?
31 >
32 > Thanks in advance for any help.
33 >
34 > - AR
35 >
36 > --
37 > If you stare long enough into an abyss, the abyss will stare back into you...
41 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list