From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] The Root Block Device is unspecified or not detected - PCMCIA card CD Boot on Sony Vaio
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2005 17:59:27
1 On Oct 30, 2005, at 11:18 am, Hans-Werner Hilse wrote:
2 >
3 > I'm running Gentoo on my picturebook happily since about 2 or 3 years
4 > now. Just ask if there are more problems. I can give you a kernel patch
5 > for the neomagic frame buffer driver to have it support the 480px
6 > display height...
7
8 I really loved getting the widescreen framebuffer working - it was such
9 a buzz, so cool. That made for the ultimate in notebook usability and
10 portability.
11
12 > BTW, @Stroller: it's a 10" widescreen, 6" would be a
13 > little too small...
14
15 That's really 10" not 6'??? How come I don't have a girlfriend??
16 ;P
17
18 Stroller.
21 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list