From: Roy Wright <roy@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] simple firewall
Date: Sat, 04 Apr 2009 23:49:02
1 gigli wrote:
2 > I wonder if there is any easy firewall for gentoo. I tried ubuntu for a
3 > while and used their ufw, which was very simple.
4 >
5 > My needs:
6 >
7 > Block incoming traffic except for sshd and https (and sometimes
8 > bittorrent) and allow my lan to connect to my samba share, mythtv and
9 > mysql when i use openvpn or allways, which would be easyist. My box is
10 > usually protected by pfsense.
11
12 I'll second the request. What I'd really like is one similar to what's
13 on the mac where basically when an app attempts to connect to a port, a
14 popup asks if you want to allow it.
15
16 In the meantime I've been using shorewall which is way more complicated
17 than I like.