From: Philip Webb <purslow@×××××××××.ca>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT - which X terminal do you use?
Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 07:02:56
1 060509 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > I am writing a comparative review of a number of X terminals
3 > which are your most/least favourite X terminals, and why?
4
5 Konsole : it fits well with my KDE desktop, is very easy to configure,
6 has tabs when I need them, has a nice font (Fixed GNU 11/13);
7 KDE starts 2 for me at reboot, 1 for user & 1 for root,
8 & I don't find it slow to start another on my fairly fast machine; also,
9 it now handles Unicode properly, so I don't need Mlterm for Esperanto/Greek.
10
11 Unfavorite is Xterm, which has ugly colors & is difficult to configure
12 (ok maybe I've never found out how to do those things easily).
13
14 I don't like transparency & other forms of intrusive eye-candy,
15 just simple & pleasing shapes, fonts & colors I can go on looking at.
19 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb : purslow@××××××××××××××.ca
20 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Centre for Urban & Community Studies
21 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' University of Toronto
22 --
23 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list