From: Matthias Bethke <matthias@×××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] lost partition table
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 15:27:43
1 Hi Ghaith,
2 on Thursday, 2006-03-09 at 06:52:38, you wrote:
3 > help, it seems the gentoo installer deleted my home partition
4 > fdisk don't show it what can i do?
5 > is there a way to restore it
6
7 "gpart" is the tool for that. If nothing works any more, you can use
8 Knoppix or something. Then just start gpart on your disk, let it grind
9 away for a while, and then check the (usually several) partition layouts
10 it finds for one you recognize. It's been a while since I used it but
11 AFAIR it can restore a certain MBR layout you select. If not, you have
12 to recreate it in fdisk.
13
14 cheers!
15 Matthias
16 --
17 I prefer encrypted and signed messages. KeyID: FAC37665
18 Fingerprint: 8C16 3F0A A6FC DF0D 19B0 8DEF 48D9 1700 FAC3 7665