From: 7v5w7go9ub0o <7v5w7go9ub0o@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: local caching DNS?
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2008 17:36:08
1 Ralf Stephan wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > I'm fed up with waiting for ever the same name requests from my
5 > browser (and open servers don't cut it either): which DNS cache
6 > or caching DNS for simple local installation would you recommend?
9 consider maradns <http://www.maradns.org/changelog.html>
10
11 - It is a recursive dns client/server (and authoritative server if
12 desired), described in Portage as "Proxy DNS server with permanent caching>.
13
14 - It is extremely fast
15
16 - It avoids your ISP's DNS server entirely (your ISP's server may be out
17 of date; poisoned; very slow; etc.)
18
19 - Download the current version from the web page, as the ebuild is out
20 of date (sigh... of course).
21
22 HTH
23 --