From: Christoph Gysin <cgysin@×××.ch>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] enlightenment 16 or 17
Date: Thu, 04 Aug 2005 09:20:29
1 Fernando Meira wrote:
2 > Also found other scripts to compile directly from cvs, without using
3 > portage. Can anyone tell me what the advantage of doing so?
4
5 I'd suggest using portage since it allows you to uninstall, query information
6 and doing other nice package managment stuff.
7
8 > Christoph, is there so many modifications to update E17 every day? What
9 > about once a week?
10
11 I update about once or twice a week. Mostly after raster has commited some new
12 stuff. See [1] or [2] for news on e17.
13
14 [1] http://www.get-e.org/Main/News/
15 or via RSS: http://www.get-e.org/Main/News/feed.xml
16 [2] http://www.edevelop.org/
17
18 You could also watch for CVS changes yourself:
19
20 $ cd /usr/portage/distfiles/cvs-src/e17
21 $ cvs -nq up
22 $ cd /usr/portage/distfiles/cvs-src/misc
23 $ cvs -nq up
24
25 Every line starting with 'U' got updated.
26
27 Christoph
28 --
29 echo mailto: NOSPAM !#$.'<*>'|sed 's. ..'|tr "<*> !#:2" org@fr33z3