From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] kde confusion
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2008 08:59:01
1 On Sunday 21 September 2008 10:16:44 meino.cramer@×××.de wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > another problem which did exist before the bug in eix...
5 >
6 > After
7 >
8 > emerge --color=n --verbose --update --deep world
9 >
10 > I get a list of new/updatable package. And I got blocking packages as
11 > well.
12 > I (think to) know, what "blocked" means, but this:
13
14 "block" means that two packages cannot be installed on the same machine at the
15 same time. The most common reason is that they want to install the exact same
16 files, and portage would have no way of knowing which package provided a file
17 and if everything else that is necessary is actually on the system.
18
19 You have run slap bang into the infamous kde-meta problem :-)
20
21 Solution here:
22
23 http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/desktop/kde/kde-split-ebuilds.xml
24
25 Beware: fixing this is relatively straightforward, but it is mind-numbingly
26 tedious and takes a long time while portage recompiles kde
30 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com