From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Trying to set up HP printer with foo2zjs
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2014 03:03:34
1 Frank Steinmetzger <Warp_7 <at> gmx.de> writes:
4 > I am trying to set up an HP LaserJet 1000 printer with foo2zjs. I had been
5 > using hplip in the past (which did work), but for several (mostly non-
6 > techical) reasons, I don’t want to use that. I was happy with foo2zjs back
7 > in the day when it was still “stable” in portage.
8
9 cups + hplip is pretty robust. I can't quell my curiousity as to
10 why you would not want to use that solution, paticualrly for an
11 HP printer?
12
13 foo2zjs, I know nothing about, but it is masked in protage, which
14 begs the question (WHY) if it was once stable?
15
16 Some use foomatic. Is that applicable in your circumstance?
19 James