From: Helmut Jarausch <jarausch@××××××.be>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] autofs for a symlink - howto
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2019 11:54:03
1 On 02/24/2019 06:26:51 PM, Helmut Jarausch wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I have a lot of symlinks in my home directory like
5 >
6 > $HOME/Python -> /Src/Python
7 >
8 > Now, I'd like to not mount /Src on default.
9 >
10 > How can I set up my system (using autofs ?) to automatically mount
11 > /Src if such a symlink is accessed
12 > like cd $HOME/Python
15 Since I didn't find a similar configuration on the net, I've come up
16 with the following solution (after some trial and error)
17
18 First, I've replaced all symlinks by empty directories of the same name.
19
20 My /etc/autofs/auto.master contains (the only uncommented line)
21
22 /- /etc/autofs/auto.local
23
24 and /etc/autofs/auto.local contains, e.g.
25
26 /Src -fstype=ext4,exec,suid,noatime :/dev/sdc3
27
28 /home/jarausch/Python -fstype=bind,exec,suid,noatime
29 :/Src/Src/Python
32 I hope this helps others,
33 Helmut