From: Jens Reinemuth <jens@×××××××××.info>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KMail
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2012 15:41:47
1 Am Donnerstag, 9. Februar 2012, 18:33:12 schrieb Daniel D Jones:
2 > I was one of those bitten by the upgrade to KMail back in October. After
3 > spending nearly two days without access to email while trying to get the
4 > upgrade and migration to work, I gave up and pinned KMail to version
5 > 4.4.11.1.
6 >
7 > With the recent upgrade to KDE, I'm curious if anyone knows whether the bugs
8 > have been worked out and the KMail upgrade will go smoother now?
9
10 Just stay with 4.4.x! Akonadi/Nepomuk/... is imho not ready for daily use
11 right now! I got 4.8 running in Kubuntu and its a real pain, even with the 8GB
12 Ram in the company-laptop!
13
14 In private i will never switch! If someday you can't use the older Versions
15 with actual KDE i will use Thunderbird...
16
17 Jens