From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Can't fetch distfiles in chroot
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2018 11:07:36
1 On Sunday, 22 April 2018 10:21:16 BST Peter Humphrey wrote:
2 > On Sunday, 22 April 2018 09:39:23 BST Peter Humphrey wrote:
3 > > On Sunday, 22 April 2018 07:20:28 BST Jonathan Callen wrote:
4 > > > Generally, this would indicate a problem resolving DNS. This is
5 > > > normally caused by not having a correct /etc/resolv.conf inside the
6 > > > chroot (it generally will need to be the same as the file outside the
7 > > > chroot).
8 > >
9 > > Yes, I'd already thought of that and found it to be right; it's why I
10 > > tried
11 > > www-client/links inside the chroot, which works just fine.
12 >
13 > I forgot to add a couple of things:
14 >
15 > 1. The chroot host (this box) is a multilib system, but the chroot client
16 > (the celeron box) is no-multilib. Could that make a difference?
17
18 That's wrong. They're both on the plain desktop profile. What I should have
19 said is that the kernel config has modules disabled - on both client and host.
20
21 > 2. While the fetching is hung, /bin/ps shows two emerge processes: one with
22 > status S and the other with D. Am I right in thinking that portage spawns
23 > another process to do the fetching, and waits for it to finish? I hope it's
24 > so anyway.
25 >
26 > That first thought was prompted by the instruction to "mount -o bind /lib/
27 > modules /foo/lib/modules" in this page:
28 >
29 > https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:X86/Chroot_Guide
32 Regards,
33 Peter.