From: Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Shutdown through systemctl as a normal user
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 2016 00:48:01
1 On Sat, Jan 16, 2016 at 1:34 PM, lukash <lukkash@×××××.cz> wrote:
2 > Hi all,
3 >
4 > I'm reading on the internet that systemctl poweroff should work for
5 > normal user if he is the only one logged in, he is logged in locally
6 > and his session is active. I seem to be meeting these conditions:
7 >
8 > # loginctl
9 > SESSION UID USER SEAT
10 > 2 1000 lukash seat0
11 >
12 > $ loginctl show-session 2
13 > Id=2
14 > User=1000
15 > Name=lu
16 > Timestamp=Sat 2016-01-16 17:27:30 CET
17 > TimestampMonotonic=9614418
18 > VTNr=7
19 > Seat=seat0
20 > Display=:0
21 > Remote=no
22 > Service=lightdm
23 > Desktop=awesome
24 > Scope=session-2.scope
25 > Leader=529
26 > Audit=2
27 > Type=x11
28 > Class=user
29 > Active=yes
30 > State=active
31 > IdleHint=no
32 > IdleSinceHint=0
33 > IdleSinceHintMonotonic=0
34 >
35 > But invoking the command gives me:
36 >
37 > $ systemctl poweroff
38 > Failed to set wall message, ignoring: Access denied
39 > Failed to power off system via logind: Access denied
40 > Failed to start poweroff.target: Access denied
41 >
42 > How is this supposed to work on Gentoo?
43
44 Make sure you have USE=policykit set for sys-apps/systemd.