From: Caveman Al Toraboran <toraboracaveman@××××××××××.com>
To: "gentoo-user@l.g.o" <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] "Application Menu" missing on Desktop after Plasma update to 5.17.4 : bug reported
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2019 15:40:26
1 ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐
2 On Monday, December 30, 2019 4:42 PM, Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net> wrote:
3 > I can submit it to KDE Bugs, but first what to others think re it ?
4
5 What I think about it is that I object to you wasting your
6 time by submitting bug reports to KDE. It will be a
7 net-loss for humanity in the grand scheme of things and the
8 long term survival of life forms.
9
10 Because, you'll never get a bug "fixed" with KDE, since, by
11 definition, everything that KDE does is a workaround. It's
12 just that they speak a different language, very similar to
13 English (kde_EN), where "fix" means "workaround".
14
15 Technically, KDE cannot make a "fix" and exist at the same
16 time. In other words, the concepts "bug fix" and "KDE
17 exists" are mutually exclusive.
18
19 IMO the best thing to do, which is also what I think can be
20 called "fix" without unethically redefining words in the
21 English language, is to silently unmerge all KDE's fluff,
22 and install i3 + dmenu + i3status + i3lock, and call it a
23 day.
24
25 rgrds,
26 cm.