From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: which ebuilds use a specific eclass?
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2015 22:56:48
1 Neil Bothwick <neil <at> digimed.co.uk> writes:
4 > > So for a given eclass, how to I find the list of all ebuilds
5 > Well, brute force works
6
7 > grep -Er 'inherit.*systemd' /var/portage
8
9 '/usr/portage/' works for me, when bruting.
10
11 > That shows every ebuild, you may want to reduce it to a list of packages
12
13 > for i in $(grep -Erl 'inherit.*systemd' /var/portage)
14 > do
15 > dirname $i
16 > done | sort -u
19 Yea, sure, cool. (THANKS). However, I was looking for (wink wink nudge
20 nudge) something sexy, using VDB (/var/db/pkg/) along the lines of
21 a Directed Acyclic Graph (DAG) [1] solution in haskell/charm or python.
22
23 Sure shell works, and works well, but, surely GLEP 64 will bring us
24 something new and cool? Anthony, is one of the devs that continues to
25 'surprise' and insprire this old hack......
26
27 I figured Rich already has code, he has not put out, just yet.
28 (only teasing about haskell/charm, but, not really)....
31 thx,
32 James
33
34 [1] http://ericsink.com/vcbe/html/directed_acyclic_graphs.html