From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] USB printing broken in kernel 4.14.52?
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2018 09:52:55
1 Peter Humphrey wrote:
2 > Hello list,
3 >
4 > Since upgrading sys-kernel/gentoo-sources from 4.9.95 to 4.14.52, I now get an
5 > error when trying to attach my trusty old Kyocera-Mita FS1020-D. Dmesg finds
6 > it, lsusb lists it, but when I use the KDE printer applet to add it, it isn't
7 > detected and the cups log shows "Unable to execute ippfind utility: No such
8 > file or directory".
9 >
10 > Reverting to 4.9.95 enables printing as usual. Is this a bug in 4.14.52, or
11 > have I misconfigured something?
15 I found this.
16
17 https://bugs.gentoo.org/610086
18
19 Does that give you any hints at a solution?  I found other links not
20 related to Gentoo but were also older problems.  I tend to start with
21 the most recent things when a previously working thing breaks.
22
23 Hope that helps because otherwise, I'm clueless.
24
25 Dale
26