From: meino.cramer@×××.de
To: Gentoo <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Curiosity...
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2011 14:20:19
1 Hi,
2
3 when listing my hardware with lshw I find some stuff build
4 into my ASUS Crosshair IV Formula, which I seem not to use
5 and I like to know, for what it is good for:
6
7 These are excerpts from the output of lshw:
10 *-serial UNCLAIMED
12 product: SBx00 SMBus Controller
13 vendor: ATI Technologies Inc
14 physical id: 14
15 bus info: pci@0000:00:14.0
16 version: 41
17 width: 32 bits
18 clock: 66MHz
19 configuration: latency=0
22 and
26 *-isa
28 product: SB700/SB800 LPC host controller
29 vendor: ATI Technologies Inc
30 physical id: 14.3
31 bus info: pci@0000:00:14.3
32 version: 40
33 width: 32 bits
34 clock: 66MHz
35 capabilities: isa bus_master
36 configuration: latency=0
37
38 and
41 *-multimedia
43 product: GF108 High Definition Audio Controller
44 vendor: nVidia Corporation
45 physical id: 0.1
46 bus info: pci@0000:08:00.1
47 version: a1
48 width: 32 bits
49 clock: 33MHz
50 capabilities: pm msi pciexpress bus_master cap_list
51 configuration: driver=HDA Intel latency=0
52 resources: irq:25 memory:fe97c000-fe97ffff
53
54 (I have a MSI GT430 (nvidia) card and onboard audio:
55
56 *-multimedia
58 product: SBx00 Azalia (Intel HDA)
59 vendor: ATI Technologies Inc
60 physical id: 14.2
61 bus info: pci@0000:00:14.2
62 version: 40
63 width: 64 bits
64 clock: 33MHz
65 capabilities: pm bus_master cap_list
66 configuration: driver=HDA Intel latency=64
67 resources: irq:16 memory:fcaf8000-fcafbfff
68 ).
72 lspci -k of those device/chips/whatever does say for the nvidia audio:
73
74 08:00.1 Audio device: nVidia Corporation GF108 High Definition Audio Controller (rev a1)
75 Subsystem: Micro-Star International Co., Ltd. Device 2304
76 Kernel driver in use: HDA Intel
77 Kernel modules: snd-hda-intel
78
79 but...for what reason there is an audio device in my graphics card?
80 Sounds to me like a bicycle with onboard toaster... ;)
81
82 for the smbus thingy as for the ISA-bridge there no additional info. For what reason
83 there is an ISA bridge on a board which skipped floppy controller and
84 IDE???
85
86 How can I make what use of it?
87
88 Thank you very much in advance for any hint !
89 Have a nice weekend!
90 Best regards,
91 mcc