From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] dual boot RAID
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 19:17:59
1 Hello,
2
3 Recently this link was posted:
4
5 http://en.gentoo-wiki.com/wiki/RAID/Software
6
7 I am looking at new systems, and this link
8 got me thinking. Dual boot linux with Windows7
9 all on a Raid (0) array?
10
11 I found a bargain, MSI MS-7596 (760GM-E51)
12 motherboard. But my only MSI motherboard experience,
13 left a very bad taste in my mouth from years ago.
14 BIOS nightmare....
15
16 Anyway the motherboard doc says it supports
17 (Sata-II) RAID 0 1 0+1 or JBOD mode
18 by AMD SB710.
21 This does not sound like a good choice of MOBO
22 and anyone with any raid/gentoo/ experience
23 on a MSI motherboard (MS 7596) or such would
24 be appreciated as to you opinion.
27 I usually specify ASUS, as over the years,
28 I've had very little trouble. Dual 2T
29 RAID 0 drives with windows and gentoo
30 is my goal; and any recommendations
31 are most welcome. AMD is the only processor
32 I use....
33
34 tia,
35 James