From: Rumen Yotov <rumen@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Installing outside of Portage & cruft removal
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 18:02:53
1 On (26/01/09 09:35) Grant wrote:
2 > >> What do you guys think of this? Do you know of a good cruft removal script?
3 > >
4 > > Yep, there's quite good one in gentoo itself.
5 > >
6 > > Basically, you'll need to write a short config for it, consisting of
7 > > lines like "cruft name", "cruft src uri" and a few more lines if you'll
8 > > need to pass some extra parameters to configure/make/install.
9 > > It'll build the package in a sandbox, then transfer it to destination,
10 > > memorizing every change it did and preventing collisions and config
11 > > overwrites.
12 > >
13 > > Just put that config script into an ebuild file and use portage to
14 > > build it - as simple as it gets ;)
15 >
16 > I suppose you and Jesus are right, but what about cruft removal? Are
17 > you saying Gentoo is 100% cruft-free? I've got a lot of junk in /etc
18 > and especially ~/.*
19 >
20 > - Grant
21 >
22 Hi Grant,
23
24 Check 'man qfile' - there're examples for finding cruft files.
25 HTH. Rumen