From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: How can I check for haveing an ethernet "device"
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2015 16:50:48
1 On 20/07/2015 18:20, James wrote:
2 > <Meino.Cramer <at> gmx.de> writes:
5 >> on an embedded system I want to check, whether I have an eth0 "device"
6 >> (ok, I know, it is not an device in the usual way...), when I attach
7 >> an USB2Ethernet gadget via OTG-cable to it and whether all needed
8 >> drivers are already there...
11 > Strange.... Gmane dropped what I wrote the first time....
12 >
13 > It's tricky. Being "embedded" usually means you have less on the system; so
14 > let's just try a few things to see.
15 >
16 > 1. lspci
17 >
18 > 2. dmesg | grep eth
19 >
20 > 3. netstat -nr
21 >
22 > Others:: ifconfig, lswh, mii-tool, ethtool etc etc depending on what
23 > you've installed.
24 >
25 > hth,
26 > James
31 More like your mail client/browser/whatever decided to not show what was
32 successfully delivered :-)
33
34 The first one came through here just fine, now I have 2
39 Alan McKinnon
40 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com