From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Flash stopped working after Firefox 3.6.3->3.6.4 update.
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2010 16:34:53
1 On 2010-07-01, Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >>> Firefox got upgraded from 3.6.3 to 3.6.4 yesterday, and now the flash
3 >>> plugin won't work. ?I tried both "x86" and "~x86" versions, and both
4 >>> crash 100% of the time.
5 >>
6 >> The problem was caused by an old 9.x copy of the plugin that was left
7 >> in ~/.mozialla/plugins. ?After deleting the flashplayer plugin from
8 >> that directory, FF then found the "officially" installed 10.x version
9 >> and is now happy.
10 >
11 > I'm having the exact same problem, except I don't have a
12 > ~/.mozilla/plugins directory at all. Any ideas?
13
14 Search for libflashplayer.so files.
15
16 Another of my machines had an old one in /usr/lib/nsbrowser/plugins.
17 That should have been a symlink to /opt/netscape/plugins/libflashplayer.so
18 which is where the ebuild puts the file.
19
20 While the old files in ~/.mozilla/plugins were udoubtedly due to a
21 stupid human trick on my part, I don't know how I ended up with an old
22 file instead of a symlink in /usr/lib/nsbrowser/plugins.
23
24 I think all of my machines now have a working flashplayer plugin...
27 Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! I wonder if I should
28 at put myself in ESCROW!!
29 gmail.com