From: Willie Wong <wwong@×××××××××.EDU>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] amarok and non-Ipod
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 13:23:12
1 On Fri, Jul 28, 2006 at 06:13:24AM +0200, Penguin Lover Martin S squawked:
2 > I got myself an iAudio X5 the other day. Wonderful sound, large disk, yeah
3 > really like (until disk breaks).
4 > Anyway - Amarok has a Ipod connection thingie which I haven't found how to
5 > configure. Is it possible to get it to work with an iAudio.
6 > I mounted the X5 and clicked "Connect" but amarok didn't find my X5 - so I
7 > suppose it's looking for something specificly iPodish?
8
9 I have an M3, and my understanding is that all of iAudio's HDD players
10 should be mounted as an external harddrive via usb mass storage using
11 vfat, which I would suspect is quite a different beast from iPod.
12
13 Personally I don't use Amarok. But if you are just trying to play
14 music off your X5, perhaps you can just mount it as an external
15 harddrive and point amarok to that mount point?
16
17 HTH,
18
19 W
20 --
21 The conjugation of the verb "repress" is as follows:
22 We protect
23 Our allies monitor
24 Our adversaries repress
25 ~Tackhead (54550) on /. post #14708639
26 Sortir en Pantoufles: up 1 day, 16:16
27 --
28 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list