From: Iain Buchanan <iain@×××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] swat "500 server error"
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 06:48:25
Hi All,

I installed samba, and xinetd, then edited /etc/xinetd.d/swat and set
"disable=no".  I restarted xinetd, and when I connect to

http://localhost:901/

with firefox, I get this message:

500 Server Error
chdir failed - the server is not configured correctly

To see if it was me, or firefox, I used netcat (note, I typed the
"GET /" by hand)

$ nc localhost 901
GET /
HTTP/1.0 500 Server Error
Connection: close

<HTML><HEAD><TITLE>500 Server Error</TITLE></HEAD><BODY><H1>500 Server
Error</H1>chdir failed - the server is not configured
correctly<p></BODY></HTML>

can anyone tell me what's going on?  I've never seen this before.  The
only reference on google I found was basically an "RTFM", but the manual
was 948 pages!! (and there was no result from searching that error
either).

TIA,
--
Iain Buchanan <iain at pcorp dot com dot au>

<Elric> no BSD fans ?
<EvilTypeGuy> Elric: it's hard to be a gamer and a bsd fan :p