From: Iain Buchanan <iain@×××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] swat "500 server error"
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 06:48:25
1 Hi All,
2
3 I installed samba, and xinetd, then edited /etc/xinetd.d/swat and set
4 "disable=no". I restarted xinetd, and when I connect to
5
6 http://localhost:901/
7
8 with firefox, I get this message:
9
10 500 Server Error
11 chdir failed - the server is not configured correctly
12
13 To see if it was me, or firefox, I used netcat (note, I typed the
14 "GET /" by hand)
15
16 $ nc localhost 901
17 GET /
18 HTTP/1.0 500 Server Error
19 Connection: close
20 Content-Type: text/html
21
22 <HTML><HEAD><TITLE>500 Server Error</TITLE></HEAD><BODY><H1>500 Server
23 Error</H1>chdir failed - the server is not configured
24 correctly<p></BODY></HTML>
25
26 can anyone tell me what's going on? I've never seen this before. The
27 only reference on google I found was basically an "RTFM", but the manual
28 was 948 pages!! (and there was no result from searching that error
29 either).
30
31 TIA,
32 --
33 Iain Buchanan <iain at pcorp dot com dot au>
34
35 <Elric> no BSD fans ?
36 <EvilTypeGuy> Elric: it's hard to be a gamer and a bsd fan :p
39 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list