From: Robert Bridge <robert@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Globally disabling colour
Date: Sun, 05 Jan 2020 12:17:45
1 I had this issue many moons ago, which lead to my discovery of the
2 ansifilter package:
3
4 > # emerge -pv ansifilter | ansifilter
5 >
6 > These are the packages that would be merged, in order:
7 >
8 > Calculating dependencies . ... done!
9 > [ebuild R ] app-text/ansifilter-2.15::gentoo USE="qt5" 0 KiB
10 >
11 > Total: 1 package (1 reinstall), Size of downloads: 0 KiB
12
13 It strips all the terminal escape chars which are how applications do the
14 color in their terminal output. Very handy when combined with pastebin
15 utilities.
16
17 Cheers,
18 Robert.