From: John Blinka <john.blinka@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] eselect python cleanup
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2019 22:21:28
1 On Sun, Mar 24, 2019 at 5:04 PM allan gottlieb <gottlieb@×××.edu> wrote:
2
3 > On Sun, Mar 24 2019, Neil Bothwick wrote:
4 >
5 > > On Sat, 23 Mar 2019 18:08:09 -0400, Jack wrote:
6 > >
7 > >> > Am I correct in believing that I should now execute
8 > >> > eselect python cleanup
9 > >
10 > >> I just ran into the same problem, and that solution seems to have
11 > >> worked for me.
12 > >
13 > > It worked for me, but only after I ran it twice. This was reproducible on
14 > > several systems.
15 >
16 > It worked for me running only once on each of two systems.
17 > By worked I mean the error msg
18 >
19 > python-exec: Invalid impl in /etc/python-exec/python-exec.conf:
20 > python3.4
21 >
22 > stopped appearing on my "emerge update world" commands. Perhaps you Neil
23 > tested further for failure and Jack and I should as well.
24 >
25 > allan
26 >
27 > I found that each invocation of “eselect python cleanup” cleaned up only
28 one instance of an uninstalled python interpreter. I had 2 such instances
29 on my boxes, so 2 invocations did the trick for me. Cleanup doesn’t
30 (apparently) clean everything up.
31
32 John Blinka