From: Wols Lists <antlists@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] old kernels are installed during the upgrade
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2018 21:32:04
1 On 03/01/18 21:21, Stroller wrote:
2 > Meanwhile, I've seen security vulnerabilities go unfixed for literally weeks in the bug tracker, so I don't see the significance of a vulnerability an attacker is unlikely to be able to reach. The sites I visit do not make me fear my kernel being attacked via the browser.
3 >
4 > This thread is not for arguing about security, which is an old discussion and which has been done to death. Everyone has their own opinions, and I'm not going to add any more.
5 >
6 > This thread is about how to fix OP's problem, and that's what I addressed. If you install kernels by specific version, as I suggest, then you're free to update them manually as often as you wish.
7
8 And heaven help you if you think emerging a specific version of
9 gentoo-sources will update the kernel you're running. Because Linux
10 certainly won't.
11
12 Hint: changing the current version of gentoo-sources does ABSOLUTELY
13 NOTHING to your running system, so why not emerge them all?
14
15 Cheers,
16 Wol