From: "Ста Деюс" <sthu.deus@×××××××××××.org>
To: "gentoo-user@l.g.o" <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Xserver: /dev/dri/card0 -- no such file.
Date: Sat, 08 Jul 2017 06:06:19
1 Hi.
2
3 I'm fighting already days the problem of "/dev/dri/card0 -- no such
4 file" (old AGP card, NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440) -- as x-server states in
5 its log file.
6
7 I have installed my system w/ hardened profile, it's being 32bit-system,
8 and then added x-programs to use it as desktop (i didn't install desktop
9 profile). Also, i didn't notice, that i set up testing version of the
10 distro (~86), and now want not to recompile all it to turn to stable
11 (86).
12
13 The problem lays -- as i suppose -- in the kernel configuration that
14 does not create the /dev/dri/card0 device, required by x-server. I
15 exhausted all my ideas on which options to turn on to make it create
16 the device. I even compiled the general kernel -- but it was not
17 sufficient for that too.
18
19 So, do you have any idea on which kernel's configuration option lets
20 kernel to create such a device?
21
22 Thank you for your time,
23 Sthu.